Attention Conference Attendees
Please be advised the 36th Annual Conference for the CCACU scheduled for September 12-17, 2017, in Hilton Head has been cancelled.
The conference is being cancelled due to hurricane Irma!
The current prediction is the hurricane will be at a 3 or 5 and is scheduled to hit the Island late afternoon on Monday.
Some pertinent Information at present:
1. Our meeting planner has been in discussions with her contact at the hotel, Lisa Tennison, who in turn spoke with the General Manager, Jay Wiendl. The Sonesta has stated the following: “It is understood and accepted that CCACU will be allowed to cancel their Annual Conference scheduled at the resort on September 12-17, 2017 without penalty. At this time, we will honor the force majeure clause as outlined in our agreement. Although it is not required, it is our hope and desire that CCACU consider rebooking this program at the Sonesta in an attempt to mitigate any damages that would occur due to this cancellation.”
2. Hotel Rooms - The hotel has cancelled the room block so no need for anyone to call.
3. Airline Reservations- Please check the website for your airline. In most cases airlines are cancelling flights, which means you “may” be entitled to another equal flight. If you cancel before the airline cancels you will be possibly required to pay a cancellation fee. (The council is not reimbursing for any airline cancellation fees.)
4. Car Rentals-Call and cancel as soon as possible.
5. Conference Registrations- Currently, the plan is to reimburse for registration fees.
6. Board Members/President’s- Please inform the attendees from your council and credit union asap about the cancellation. (extremely important!)
7. Website - Please check the CCACU Website (www.ccacu.com) for any updated information.
All of the Council Presidents and meeting Planner want to ensure the safety of our attendees. Thanks for your understanding and support regarding this matter!